8.06.2010

A little self promotion...

What better way to kick off bentleyBarks than with the tale of how bentley B was created.

Mourning the loss of my Lexi, a little min-pin who passed away to health problems, my heart made room for a new bundle of fluff. Smaller than a roll of toilet paper, with huge brown eyes, out-of-control fluffy hair and a personality the size of a billboard, I welcomed Bentley, a yorkie chihuahua mix, as the newest member of my family.

Eager to show off my new fluff ball we headed to our first play group at Lexi Dog Boutique and Social Club (Portland). I quickly discovered that the cool pups were styled in the latest fashions. I couldn't let Bentley be a fashion outcast, so I started searching for a hip trendy dog tshirt. I came up empty handed and disappointed in the dog fashions that were available for boy dogs.

Not knowing if I would remember anything from sewing class in the 7th grade, I pulled out the old sewing machine from storage, grabbed an old tshirt and got to work on what would become the very first bentley B tee.

Proud of my new found sewing skills, Bentley wore his new tee to the next play group. I was surprised to find Bentley's new tee was a hit with the other dog moms and dads.  And with that...bentley B became a reality with tees being sold online and in pet boutiques across the United States.

bentley B is an incredible line of vintage tees for pups designed and refashioned from vintage, recycled and discounted clothing. Shop online at www.bentleyB.com.

Follow the style adventures of bentleyBarks through our blog, facebook and twitter.  We will not disappoint, there is something for both ends of the leash.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment